Monday, February 13, 2017

DID YOU GET ALL FOUR?

I just remembered that I didn't show you the table runner on display at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Each shop participating in the Heart of Winter Bus Tour designed a block.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop  designed the top block with the sewing machine.  Each shop had its block kit available for purchase on the day of the Tour.  Participants of the Bus Tour who purchased kits from all four shops received a free wall hanger.
There were other beautiful wall hangings in the shop that day (and still there).  I'm sorry but I don't know who made this sample.
I made this one, but forgot to get the name of the pattern, but you can find it at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.
I have to show you this.  It has nothing to do with the Bus Tour, but is just another case of my not paying attention.  I saw a cute Dresden on another blog and decided I would make it.  I downloaded the free pattern and last week cut the blades and stitched them.  This morning I stitched them together and ...what? Why isn't this a complete circle?  I was sure I counted right; it was supposed to have 16 blades.  I went back to look at the PDF file I downloaded.  Then I went to the blog and searched...only to find that it was not the regular Dresden ruler that I should have used.  Ugh.  I don't know about me sometimes.  Guess I'll find something else to do with these blades.  Any suggestions?

HAPPENINGS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP
  • Bee, Tuesday, Feb. 14
  • Sampler, Wednesday, Feb. 15
  • Farm Girl BOM, Wednesday, Feb. 15
  • Doll Bee, Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Beginning Machine Quilting, Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Tatting (P.M.), Thursday, Feb. 16
  • Beginning Shuttle Tatting, Friday, Feb. 17
  • UFO Night, Friday, Feb 17
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, Feb. 18
ON ANOTHER NOTE:  
  • Jenny of Elefantz has an adorable Love Of Home BOM and free pattern.
Caroll,
Caring, Sharing, Creating Smiles
 

1 comment:

bobbi said...

*biggrin!* I did that once, too, Caroll! My 9° ruler needs 40 blades per circle, so I was surprised when I had lots left over using a larger one...
Just make another 4 more blades to complete the plate? Or applique a free-ending stem up to your incomplete *flower* ring. Or again leave it incomplete, appliqued open up to a side with a few single blades blowing up and away, like dandelions. LOL Always sunny, happy stitching and hugs! Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo