Thursday, June 2, 2016

WHAT TO DO WITH SELVAGES

I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop today and was surprised to see this stunning quilt.  Barb Hassenrik made the quilt.  She said the pattern calls for "made fabric," but she used all selvages.  We're hoping she will have a class on making this.

Not only is the front beautiful, but I wanted to show you this fabric on the back!  Isn't it fantastic! A special thank you to Barb for sharing with us.  And a special thank you to Cathy for taking the pictures for me.  Since I hadn't planned on being a the shop, I didn't have my camera and I'm an old lady with only a flip phone.  LOL

DON'T FORGET:
  • Sampler & Bee, Saturday, June 4
  • Charity Quilts, Monday, June 6
  • Happy Scrappers, Wednesday, June 8
  • UFO Night, Friday, June 10
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • AQS On Point has a free pattern and tutorial for a water resistant towel and swimsuit tote.
 ♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

3 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow I LOVE that!!! It reminds me of birch trees. I think it would be easy enough to make...very liberated piecing, ala Gwen Marston.

Beatrice said...

Hello, love the idea of using selveges! It's a great quilt. I think you can credit Amanda Jean Nyberg, from Crazy Mom Quilt, for the pattern / the inspiration. Her pattern is called Bright Birch Trees.

http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.fr/2012/12/bright-birch-trees.html

Unknown said...

Yes!! I purchased the pattern in Cannon Beach, Oregon and immediately knew I would replace the pieced and inserted "trees" with my saved selvages. Barb Hassenrik.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo