Wednesday, February 3, 2016

YOU CAN MAKE THIS BAG

 When I was at the Attic Window Quilt Shop earlier this week I noticed this adorable bag.  Kathy B. made it as a sample for the shop.  The Sassy Tote Bag pattern is available at the shop.  I think I have to make this one.
 It is raining and dreary here in west Michigan today, so I went to my sewing room in the basement and made some blocks.  The above block is from the book Modern Bee and is for Jill who is the Hive's queen bee this month.  I hope she likes the fabrics.
I spent the better part of the afternoon going through my scrap pile looking for just the right corner stones for the Charity Quilt blocks that I showed you on my previous post.  I finally came up with these.  This was not an easy decision.  I would find a fabric that would be perfect only to discover there was not enough fabric for the nine blocks in the quilt.  Of course, I had plenty of fabric available on those that were too dark, or not enough contrast, etc.  I do like this pattern, but think next month I'll try a different design, maybe something more conducive to helping me shrink my pile of scraps.  I'm going to follow along with Alamosa Quilter.  She has a BOM quilt along that is sure to reduce my scrap pile and also make a beautiful Charity quilt.  Be sure and check Alamosa Quilter on Feb. 17 as that is when directions will be posted for the Goose On The Loose BOM.

DON’T FORGET:
  • THE HEART OF WINTER TOUR, Saturday, February 13.  Call the shop and make your reservations now as seating is limited.  
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • Pineapple Tool – Friday, Feb. 5
  • UFO Night – Friday, Feb. 5
  • Sampler – Saturday, Feb. 6
  • Heart of Winter Tour – Saturday, Feb. 13
  • Spring Craft Days – Friday, Mar. 18 and 19
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:   
  • Sew Toy has a free pattern for a cute decorative dog pillow.  
♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love your blocks and the bag! I'm going to have to look for that bag pattern. I may need it for my collection.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo