Thursday, August 20, 2015

I BET YOU COULDN'T DO THIS!

 Jill’s daughter Megan came to the Attic Window Quilt Shop last Thursday to help during Quilt Week.  While there she picked out fabric and had this quilt made by Friday.  Talk about fast!  Wow!  Megan is such a cutie and I love it when young women are interested in quilting.  I understand that later Megan added a lovely teal border to the quilt.  Diana, who took the pictures and sent them to me, said that Megan used the leftovers from this quilt to make a miniature version for the shop!  Look for it the next time you visit the shop.  Maybe it will be back from the quilter by then..
The pattern for Megan’s quilt can be found in this book.

A very special thank you to Diana for sending the pictures.  I love it when people send me pictures.  That way I can keep up with what’s happening at the Attic Window too.

DON’T FORGET:
  • Scrappers School House, Saturday, August 22
  • Stitch-In, Friday and Saturday, August 28 & 29
  • UFO Day, Monday, August 31
ON ANOTHER NOTE:
  • I love using scraps.  In fact, next week I will show you my scrap pillowcase.  Until then, check out Threading My Way for a tutorial on a crazy patchwork open wide zippered pouch.  I can't wait to try this!
 ♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

4 comments:

Annie said...

No, I don't think I could do that! I only wish I had that kind of time for quilty fun. LoL LOVE Megan's quilt and the colors and fabrics she chose!

Lynn said...

She did a great job. I might be able to do that in a retreat environment where I don't have do anything else.

Nancy Page said...

Great work, Megan! Love the quilt, the colors and the design! Well done!!
Thank you for another great link!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

I KNOW I couldn't do it, lol!!! What a great quilt, she did an amazing job!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo