Tuesday, May 5, 2015

FRIENDS ARE THE THREADS THAT BIND

I like to change things around my house once in a while.  For instance, I have a wall in my entry way where I like to hang a small wall quilt.  Last month I had my Hoppy Easter Bunny.  Today I searched for something different and came up with the above.  I love the saying at the bottom:  Friends are the threads that bind.  I made this years ago and am sorry that I can’t tell you what the pattern is.  I can’t find it.  Someday I’ll get organized!

HAVE YOU HEARD?  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is MOVING!  Don’t worry.  You will not have to go any further to attend classes or get supplies as the new place is close by and the move won’t take place until August.  Ask for details the next time you are in the shop.

ATTENTION:  Recently, I have been posting that the Charity Quilt group that meets on the first Monday of the month at the shop is asking for donations.  I understand that you have answered the call, donating items for these worthy projects.  Now the Charity Group is again requesting help.  They would appreciate it if you would clear your calendar on the first Monday each month and come and help them use these donations and sew quilts for Charity.  We can use your talent!

DON’T FORGET
  • What Knots, Wednesday, May 6.
  • UFO Night, Friday, May 8
  • Happy Scrappers, Saturday, May 9.
  • Glam Shell Bag, Monday, May 11.
  • Threads of Friendship Quilt Show, May 8 & 9, Muskegon, MI
ON ANOTHER NOTE
♥ Caroll,
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

4 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I made that friend quilt for my entire quilt group in California and embroidered everyone's names on the spool tops--so cute! It was my moving away gift to everyone. I miss my quilting group.

Annie said...

That is such a sweet and adorable wall quilt! An excellent and cheerful welcome.

Lynn said...

That is sooo cute! I love how you used striped fabric for the thread on the spools. Adorable!

Allie said...

What a darling little quilt! I love how colorful it is!!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo