Sunday, March 8, 2015

SUNDAY IS AN APPLIQUE DAY

I know I said I was going to work on mug rugs this weekend, but things just didn’t work out the way I had planned.  Saturday was busy and Sunday was just too darn beautiful to sew in my dungeon of a sewing room.  Instead, I sat in my sun room and finished another appliqué block for my Fresh Picked Posies quilt.  The pattern is by Becky Goldsmith and Linda Jenkins. 
This pattern is a BOM at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  You can read more about it here.  It’s not too late to join in.
ON ANOTHER NOTE: Remember this quilt?  I first posted about it here.  It is now hanging above the bed in my spare bedroom.  I ran across this free pattern at All People Quilt and thought maybe you'd like to make it too.

DON'T FORGET
  • Happy Scrappers meets Wednesday and Saturday this week.  
  • Knotty Girls meets Wednesday evening.  
  • There is a MAKE IT TAKE IT on Thursday.  I don't know what the project is, but I'll find out and post about it tomorrow. 
  • Friday is Snow Buds and also UFO.
Hope to see everyone at the shop.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love Becky and Linda's designs. Glad you had some nice weather this weekend too.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo