Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HAPPY SCRAPPERS AND MONKEY BUSINESS

The Happy Scrappers met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I worked on this little guy and I'll tell  you more about him later in this post.
Judi A. showed us this lovely bag that she made.  It has a drawstring top and Judi said it will be perfect to hold her wool projects.
Judi also made these items to go in the bag.  The scissors keeper, pincushion, and needle book are awesome.  Judi did the art work on these items on her spectacular sewing machine.
Peggy showed us this fabulous quilt that she made for her newest grandchild.  I don't think the baby has arrived yet, but Peggy is anxiously awaiting.
Marilyn made this classy bag while we were sewing today.  I couldn't get over how quickly she made it.  Last night several of our Happy Scrappers attended a class with Diana on how to make this bag.  Diana said she would send me pictures of everyone's bags.  Look for them in an upcoming post.  Can't wait to see them.
Mary worked on her QAYG blocks, but I didn't get a picture of them.  However, I did get a picture of this block that Cathy worked on.  She is making place mats and I think these blocks go down one side of each mat.  I love making place mats and am looking forward to seeing these finished.
Now let me tell you about this little guy.  It is a mug rug.  Peggy said the first time she gave a mug rug to one of her younger relatives that the girl didn't know what it was.  Peggy told her it was a large coaster.  LOL  According to Christa Rolf in her book Love to Sew Mug Rugs, a mug rug is just what it says it is...a rug for your mug.  The pattern for this monkey is in this book, along with dozens of other wonderful mug rug patterns.  I can't wait to make more from this book.  As for this mug rug, I'm giving it to my five-year-old great grandson who loves monkeys.  It is never too late to start teaching about manners and about mug rugs.   Take a look at the book.  You'll love it.

CORRECTION:  I'm so embarrassed.  It's like I don't even read my own posts.  The round "Let It Snow" Table Topper in yesterday's post was made by Sue C.  I mistakenly said it was Kathy. Sorry!

DON’T FORGET: 
  • Due to the Heart of Winter Tour, FIRST SATURDAY SAMPLER moved in February ONLY from Saturday, February 7th. To Saturday, February 14th.  This will not interfere with HAPPY SCRAPPERS as they will meet immediately after Sampler.
ON ANOTHER NOTE:

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

That monkey is soooo cute! I'm sure he will love it.

Allie said...

Your monkey is adorable!!!!! Love that quilt too. Stay warm, Caroll -

Mama Pea said...

I miss you guys. I love that monkey!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo