Thursday, February 19, 2015

AN ENGLISH PAPER PIECING QUILT ALONG

I didn’t get any sewing done today.  I took advantage of the weather, and spent the day enjoying lunch with friends and doing a little shopping.  I figured I better make hay while the sun shines because I understand more snow is on its way.  However, Stephanie P. sent me a picture of what she’s working on. 

Take a look above at this stunning hexagon English Paper Pieced project.  Stephanie is participating in the New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt Along.  It is from the book by the same title by Katja Marek.  You can go here to see how one blogger is machine stitching her blocks.  And you can see more here.

Apparently a number of bloggers are participating in this quilt along.  Just Google New Hexagon Millefiore Quilt Along and you’ll get to see what others are doing with this fun project.  I can’t wait to see the rest of the blocks throughout the year.  Thanks Stephanie for sharing.  I hope you will send us pictures each month!

DON'T FORGET:  
  • Next week there is a Sonoma Quilt class on Monday and UFO is also that day.  The Applique Bee meets on Tuesday afternoon and the Mod Squad meets Wednesday.  Knotty Girls meets Wednesday night.  Marilyn is teaching us how to make a coin purse on Friday.  There is a Stitch-in on Friday evening and all day Saturday.  Busy week!
ON ANOTHER NOTE
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad you got to get out! Stephanie does beautiful EPP!

Allie said...

Yay for getting out of the house, lol! I stayed in today [broke my toe yesterday]. That PPQA looks awesome but I would NEVER have the patience needed - besides, I'm afraid of paper piecing!

Mama Pea said...

Thanks for sharing my photo. Sorry the photo quality was not that great. I almost have this one all stitched. I'm falling behind rapidly. I love working on this project, however!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo