Tuesday, September 23, 2014

HAVE YOU BEEN SNIFFING FAIRY FARTS?

Have you been sniffing fairy farts?  I kid you not; I got an email today with that in the subject line.  I guess it is someone’s way of asking if you are addled in the head. Anyway, I’m not going to go into that.  It’s a whole other story.  But I did want to get your attention and I thought that would do it.

I don’t have any pictures to show you today, but I do have something I have to say.  The other day I received a notice that someone had stopped subscribing to this blog because there were too many updates.  I am so sorry the person feels that way and I hope others do not feel the same.  I feel compelled to explain why I try to post something new each weekday.  I started this blog to tell people about all the classes being held at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Over the years I have met many of the women who come into the shop and feel they are my friends.  I love and enjoy them and my heart breaks when I learn that someone has become ill, is going through chemo, and is unable to come into the shop.  We even have some who are home bound because they can no longer drive.  When several of them told me how much they enjoyed reading about what is happening at the shop, and seeing the pictures of their friends and what they are doing, I became even more determined to update this blog as often as I can. In fact, I feel guilty when I cannot create a new post.  I know the loneliness and boredom of being cooped up in the house, and I hope my blog brings those who are home bound some joy.  So I hope you don’t mind my frequent updates.  Also, I have to admit, as a former newspaper reporter I love doing it!

DON’T FORGET:
  • Pick up The Sept/Oct issue of The Country Register.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop is featured on Page 9.
  • To mark your calendar for the West Michigan Quilters’ Guild Quilts on the Grand.  The date is October 3 – 5 at the DeltaPlex Arena. 
  • Thursday, October 9th at 10:00 A.M., Vickie will be holding a Spiral Lone Star finishing class for anyone who has previously taken the class with her and who needs some extra help with the finishing steps. 
  • Shop Swap – Attic Window Quilt Shop and Quilted Memories – October 19 and 26
ANOTHER NOTE: 
Film In the Fridge has a quick tutorial for a starburst block.  Great way to use those scraps!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

9 comments:

Annie said...

That title indeed got my attention! hahaha. I think that was very silly of that person to say they were no longer following because of frequent posting. You can't please everyone all the time. Just focus on those of us who continue to follow.

BarbU said...

It may have been too much for that person, but I bet the majority of us who follow the site enjoy your updates and stories and love your pictures. I know I do. The Attic Window is my favorite local quilt shop.

Adrienne said...

Caroll you have the most generous spirit of anyone I know, and your kindness and warm heart shine through your words and actions. It is your presence that brings together three bees every month....how many can say that? Don't dwell on the passing thoughtless comment of one.....she doesn't speak for all those who feel connected by your blog. I can't tell you the number of times in a week people have told me how much they love your blog and how they wish they could be at Attic Window having fun as well. So you go girl ......you bring joy!

janet chrzanowski said...

I love this blog in part because you blog every weekday. There are those of us who appreciate your efforts. Janet

Unknown said...

I love the fact that you update everyday. it is always nice to see what is new and happening with you and the Attic Window.
never stop blogging!

Denice Barker said...

1. This blog is the first thing I read every day so don't let the turkeys get you down and don't stop.
2.FART means Fabric Acquisition Road Trip formerly known as "going shopping" or "I think I need a different color right there" or "shop hop!"

Lynn said...

You can't please everyone, so do what makes you happy. I love seeing what is happening with you and AWQS every day, or as often as you can post!

AnnieQuilts said...

I love your posts. Usually I check email first, but when I need a happy "fix" I skip the mail and go right to your blog. Keep up the great work, the more the better.

Bev

Joyful Quilter said...

You should not apologize, it's your blog. I don't live anywhere near you or the quilt shop but I enjoy seeing all the smiling faces and lovely projects every day. And thank you for all the links to the wonderful tutorials and free patterns.

...I'll have to remember sniffing fairy farts...too funny.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo