Wednesday, September 3, 2014

ARE YOU READY FOR SAMPLER?


September…a month with mixed feelings.  Happiness…the kids are going back to school and I will have more time to sew!  Yeah!  Sadness…the leaves are starting to turn and that means winter is on its way, which means we will be cooped up in the house because of the mounds of snow covering our streets, which means more time to sew!  Yeah!   But it also means that a new month is here and the first Sampler class for September will be held this coming Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Are you ready for Sampler?

At first this Signature Block looked simple to make, which is why (among other reasons) that I put off making it until the last minute. However, true to form, I had a difficult time piecing this block.  I think I took it apart three times.  It drives me nuts when things don’t match up like they should.  I started basting the seams first and finally got my points to match before I did a shorter stitch.  

Don’t forget to attend the Sampler classes at the shop this month.  Check the calendar on the sidebar for upcoming classes.

ANOTHER NOTE: 
  • Quilt Barn has a tutorial for a hexie placemat.  It has a modern look.
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Barb said...

I am not the best piecer, that is why I like applique...wonderful block

Lynn said...

I really like this block!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo