Thursday, June 26, 2014

SHE'S HAVING A MOOSE OF A TIME

I've been unable to post recently and maybe for a few more days as my lap top that held all my pictures and information links has crashed.  Boo Hoo!  I miss posting and was thrilled when Diana sent me this picture that she took recently at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Yvonne B. made this Moose quilt.  Isn't she adorable.  When I wrote and asked Yvonne about it, this is what she wrote back:

Pattern Name:  Mama Moose and she was designed by Terry Griffin of Thankfullysew.com
 

I made this for my Dear Friend Barb who lives in Walled Lake, Michigan.  Barb and her husband travel often and while on their travels they fell in Love with The Moose.  When the four of us were traveling together in the UP we stopped at this Quilt Shop and saw a Mama Moose quilt.  We fell in love with the wall hanging, which is 60" long.  We shopped there and picked out all of the Fabric from the Village Fabrics, except for her bow, flower and ruffle which I got at the Attic Window.  I made a few changes in the embellishments and had a good time making this wall hanging. 

Thanks Yvonne for sharing and thank you Diana for sending this picture.  Aren't quilting friends the best!

ON ANOTHER NOTE:  All my links are in the computer that crashed, but I did find this one the other day that I thought you might like and might even have time to make before the 4th. Dear Stella Designs has a Fourth of July Stars and Stripes Tutorial. 

Hope you all have a great weekend,
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

That is adorable!

bobbi said...

May your computer be up and running strong again soon--and you not too much worse the wear for it, Caroll!
In the meantime...do some applique! :o)) Hugs, Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo