Friday, May 9, 2014

RECYCLE THAT T-SHIRT

Have you ever wondered what to do with your child’s old T-shirts?  Or maybe you picked up a bargain too good to pass up, only to find your child won’t wear it.  We have the answer for you.  There is a new book in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop that shows you how to take a child’s T-shirt and make it into a darling dress!  I wish I had known about this when I had young children.  Look at this adorable dress that Marilyn made as a sample for the shop.  I believe she will be having a class soon, so check it out the next time you come in to visit.
I recently made this mug rug.  I was in a bind and in a hurry, so it is nothing special.  I just thought it was a cute picture with the little bird on it.   I guess I was thinking about birds today because it was so warm here in Michigan.  I filled all the bird feeders, swept the deck, and pulled some weeds.  I still have lots of weeds to pull, but Saturday is Happy Scrappers Bee, so I’m collecting my scraps, grabbing my sewing gear, and heading for the shop bright and early.  Hope to see you there.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: Lazy Girl Designs has a free tote bag pattern for that last minute gift.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

That is a great way to refashion t-shirts. I'll have to check out that book. We have several customers who like to sew simple clothes for grand kids.

Mama Pea said...

Your mug rug is super cute. I like simple and elegant, which is what this is! I love it with the chick on it!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo