Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MAKE TOTES FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTS

Barb at Bejeweled Quilts recently posted about making totes for Breast Cancer Patients.  I was taken with her post and decided to join in.  Above is the first bag that I made.
There are a couple different patterns available and you can find the links by going to Barb’s post.  The pattern I chose is Skip to My Lou’s reversible tote bag.  Above is my bag turned inside out.
I purchased this fabric on the Sale table at the Attic Window Quilt Shop (a yard each).  I had plenty of fabric to make two reversible bags.  I hope you’ll join in making these cute little totes for this worthy cause.  Please read Barb’s post and follow her links to read more about it.  Be sure to scroll all the way down in her post and see the beautiful totes that she made.

IF YOU HAVEN’T HEARD:
  • THE QUILTER’S ROAD TRIP is the month of April.  Twelve shops are participating.  Passports are $5.  Each shop chose a different month for its wallhanging.  Chris chose January because she loves snowmen.  Secretly she’s afraid we’ll all be made at her for choosing snowmen since we are so sick of snow here in Michigan.  I don’t think she needs to worry because that snowman is so darn cute!  Patterns and kits are available for purchase.
ON ANOTHER NOTESweet Grass Designs has a waste Not Make More Quilts tutorial.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Your bags are lovely! The bag I made seems so plain now. I have to keep reminding myself that the patients mine are for are not all women. I saw Barb's post too and may need to pull out my girlie fabric and make a few bags to send off and get it out of my system. LOL

Mina said...

Thank you for this post - now I am off to make some totes

AnnieQuilts said...

I just finished the first one -- thanks for the link.

Barb said...

I love love your bags and someone will be pleased as punch to get one of yours...thanks for the shout out!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo