Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A RED AND WHITE TABLE RUNNER

I spent the day with my daughter so I didn’t get any sewing done, but we had a fantastic time shopping!!   I did want to show you my latest table runner.  It still has to be quilted and bound, but I love how it is turning out and couldn't wait to show you. 
 Here you can see the entire table runner.  I’m a little skeptical about the binding.  Any suggestions on how to make those in and out points look nice?  This pattern is called Pinwheel and is in the book Flower Festival by Kim Schaefer.  I love Kim’s patterns and have made several projects in this book.
 
DON’T FORGET:
  • The next Stitch-In at the Attic Window Quilt Shop will be held September 20th and 21st.
  • Happy Scrappers meets Wednesday, September 11, and Saturday, September 14.
ON ANOTHER NOTE: Speaking of pinwheels, 13 Spools has a tutorial for a curvy pinwheel.  Take a look.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Michele T said...

Well, this was a surprise... I did not expect the pinwheels but it looks great!

bobbi said...

Lovely little runner...and every point where it belongs, too! :o)
Wish I wasn´t so far away, or I could show you how I do my inner + outer corners...hope someone at the shop can help you!
Hugs, Bobbi

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo