Thursday, August 15, 2013

CAT FIGHT AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP?

Now ladies, no fighting please!!!!  Just kidding. This is all in good fun.  The Happy Scrappers met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Cathy M. stopped by to drop off this pile of scraps.  Naturally, we all started picking through it.  Above, Rosa (left) and Judi A. are having a tug of war with a long, much desired piece.  What a hoot!   Thank you Cathy.  That was so thoughtful of you and I’m sure we will put those scraps to good use!
I knew I could count on Judi to have something for show and tell.  Isn’t this little zipper coin purse adorable?  There are two in this picture.  The pink one is all zipped up.  The blue strip of zipper around it is to show you how this comes apart and then can easily be zipped back together again.
See, you just use a zipper and some ribbon to make it.  Can you believe this…Judi said she sewed this all by hand!
Above, Judi shows you the other side and how the top curls around on itself.  She said she found free instructions on the net, and I’ll put up the link as soon as I get it.  Update:  I think you can use this link here.
After learning so much about paper piecing from Chris during our last meeting, I put the pedal to the floor and now have 70 blocks completed.  That means I’m about a fourth done, but I thought I’d lay them out on the floor just to see how things were looking.  Obviously this is not how they will be placed in the final piece, but it gives me an idea of some changes that need to be made.
Lee Ann was busy working on her Popsicle quilt.  I love the batiks she is using in this quilt.
Joyce shows us her Storm At Sea quilt.  Great colors!
That Yvonne is such a rascal!  That’s her behind this cute little Mickey paper pieced square.
Yvonne also wants to show you how organized she is.  All her strips are placed neatly in this tray.  Wonder if she hires out?
Val also worked on her paper pieced squares.  Isn’t that one on top with the doctor bear in the center adorable!

A SHORT STORY:  Several customers stopped in at the shop today while we were there.  One woman drug her husband into our class room area, told him to sit at the table while she shopped.  Well we did what any red blooded American woman would do when a handsome man comes into the room, we fed him some freshly baked apple bread.  He smiled, ate, and listened to us gossip.  I think we made his day!  I hope so.  We later learned they were here from Wisconsin.  I didn’t ask, but I bet they came to go to the AQS show.  More men should come to the Attic Window Quilt Shop with their wives.  They have no idea the attention they can get just by sitting and not saying a word.

ON ANOTHER NOTEQuilting In Amsterdam has a tutorial for mug rugs/place mats with a hyperquilted flower.  I’d like to learn how to do this.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked very much reading your post. You can see this link about: this little zipper coin pursehttp://www.liveinternet.ru/users/aprel158/post275928629/

Kisses!

Lynn said...

I love those little zipper purses! Thanks for the link.

bobbi said...

*biggrin!*
I just love keeping up with you and the ladies at the shop, Caroll--thank you all for letting me peek in so often! :o)
...and...I´ll try the microquilting mugrugs if you will...mine will become postcards I think.
Happy Quilting and hugs!
Bobbi

Nancy Page said...

You ladies have the most fun!! And are so very creative as well!! Great work!! I think the gentleman who visited your sewing session had more fun than his wife. So nice of you to share your apple cake. Great link also.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Barb said...

I always love coming by and seeing what you and the gals have been up to...thanks!

Mama Pea said...

So much fun. I could just see Rosa doing that. Your quilt looks great!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo