Thursday, January 31, 2013

MAKE THIS 3 ZIPPER BAG WITH US!

 Yesterday Alamosa Quilter posted about the Triple Zip Along that A Quilter’s Table is hosting.  I’ve wanted to make this bag as I need to stretch my skills in that “zipper” area.  Today while shopping with some friends, I picked out the fabrics.  I like them; however one of my friends didn’t like the stripes.  I figure I’m not that great at doing things with zippers, so I wasn’t going to spend any more time trying to find the perfect fabric.  We’d already been shopping for over an hour.  Like I said, I like these fabrics and the contrasting zippers. 
This is another look at the fabrics, without the zippers.  I’m trying to decide if I want to feature the bottom fabric as I have done here or the red in the first picture.  You’ll see what I mean when you see the bag at A Quilter’s Table blog.  What do you think?
Look what I did this afternoon!  I made that Sampler block that I put off making yesterday.  Lynn was a big help in making those half square triangles.  You can see what I mean by going to the Tips section on her blog here.  My block is not perfect, but I think all this practice is helping.

On Another Note:  Since we’re talking about bags today, I thought you might like to see the cute little ruffle coin purse tutorial that Clover and Violet has.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Ellie Q said...

Ooh...I want to! Must...find...time! I like the multi print as the bottom color, just as you have it in the photo.

Lynn said...

I like the multi-colored print as the bottom fabric too. Your fabrics are great! You do a great job on your sampler block! When I learned the trick of making HST larger and cutting them down to the correct size it made a huge difference in my piecing accuracy. It takes more time, but I don't really mind when I get such goo results.

Nancy Page said...

Love the triple zip pouch! Love your color choices as well! Thank you for sharing and for the links! They are great!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!














Mama Pea said...

Excited that you are joining in! I like the flower fabric on the bottom. How about putting the red between the flower and stripe? I love the stripe! Can never go wrong with a good stripe!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo