Monday, December 10, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

This is Modern Monday Quilt Along Block 60 -the No Name Block.  I agree with Jennifer, it isn’t much of a block, but was easy and fast and my kind of block for this busy time of year.  Check out Jennifer’s blog and see what the pattern is for this week.  Lynn said she wouldn’t be doing a block this week and would show us later, but you still might stop by her blog and see what she’s been up to.

On Another NoteJulie Lewis teaches doll making at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and this week was featured in Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood’s column in the Grand Rapids Press.  Julie also has a wonderful blog where you can see pictures of her dolls and adorable chickens.  From what I hear, Julie makes the best Baklava in the world and the recipe is included in the Press article.  You can read all about Julie in the article here.

Also: Michelle of With Heart and Hands has a nice tutorial for a coffee press wrap and some potholders. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks great Caroll! If I have time I may try to get caught up this week. I need to make blocks 59, 60 & 61 to be caught up. If I do I'll post them next Monday. My main task for today is the weekly shopping - oh the glamour!

Mama Pea said...

I like it. Now, that looks like something I could accomplish these days.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo