Friday, November 9, 2012

HAPPY SCRAPPERS MEET SATURDAY AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

For the past few days I’ve been working on my tea leaves quilt.  I had to put it away for a while as I got tired of making these leaves.    However, the Happy Scrappers Bee meets this Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and I thought I’d better be able to have something to show.
 These are my blocks so far.  I have a lot more blocks and leaves ready to be appliquéd when I attend Bee on Saturday.  That is such a wonderful Bee as everyone is so willing to share and trade fabrics.  I would be lost without them as I wanted to achieve a “cottage” look on my quilt but had very few flowery fabrics in my stash and others were eager to donate.  Thank you everyone!  And just a reminder:  an e-mail went out from Buffie telling us that one of our members is new to quilting and has not built up a stash and would appreciate donations.  So gather up those extras now so they’ll be handy to pick up on your way to Bee on Saturday.
This is a picture of Buffie’s quilt, which is what prompted me to start my quilt.  You can read more about it here

On Another Note: Sew Happy.Me has a tutorial for a cute Dear Santa Wallhanging. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

Mary said...

Your quilt is coming along very well. I love the scrappy look you have. It is so bright and cheerful.

Mama Pea said...

I love your quilt so far, Caroll! I do not have anything to show for myself. I don't even know if I have the energy to cull together my stuff to bring up tomorrow. I am not sure what to bring to work on.... Can't wait to see you!

Denice Barker said...

are you appliqueing the leaves diagonally on the little squares? It's very pretty!

Lynn said...

Your blocks look so nice together! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt!

Nancy Page said...

Love what your are doing here, love the colors and the pattern! Well done, thank you for sharing!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo