Monday, October 22, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG #54

It’s Monday already!  I can’t believe where the weekend went.  I didn’t get hardly anything checked off my to-do list.  Did you?

This is my block for the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  It is Block 54 and called Tumbler.  Because of the camera and lighting, the one square looks navy blue or black.  Actually, it is the dark grey that I have used in previous blocks.  This was a fun block to make and I think will go nicely in the quilt.  I know I had talked about taking a picture of all my blocks together, but I forgot and now the sun is down and am not even going to try to get a decent picture.  Hop over and see what Lynn’s block looks like, then head over to see what Jennifer has planned for us for this week. 

I’ve been frantically looking for ideas for gifts to make for Christmas.  Since I’ve been at this for a number of years, most of my family and friends have received handmade gifts in the past.  Consequently, I need something different, a new idea.  If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

I did see this recently and thought it would make a wonderful gift for a special friend.  I’d like to make a set for myself, too.  Stitched in Thyme has a wonderful tutorial for a Ticker Tape Place Mat.  I can’t wait to try to make one of these.  Since we had a beautiful afternoon here in Michigan, I went for a walk and picked up some maple leaves that I thought would make a good pattern.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Karen said...

I like this little block. It would be interesting to have a lot of these blocks in a big quilt.
Good luck with the Christmas gift ideas. It is always hard to find new things to make.

Mama Pea said...

I really like this block. It is beautiful in its simplicity!

Make the Little Duffle Do It bag or the shopping bags I've been making. They are pretty quick and simple.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo