Friday, September 14, 2012

KNOTTY GIRLS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

 The Knotty Girls Stitching Bee met Wednesday evening at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I’m always so glad to attend that meeting because I know they will have lots of show-n-tell for me to share with you.  Above is Fran’s beautiful wall hanging. 
This is a close-up of Fran’s intricate stitching.  I so admire her work.
This cute little block is what Sherry was working on.  She said it is Evelyn’s Album BOW from Primitive Gardens.
Are you ready for winter?  Barb David was working on this delightful quilt.
This is a close-up of those cute little snowmen.  The pattern is Cool Guys by Jana Davidson and you can get it at the shop.
This is Maggie’s Butter Mold quilt.  The pattern is by Woolen Needle.  It is hand quilted and is stunning.
Barb David also made this tabletopper.  She said she saw the pattern in the fall issue of Quilts & More magazine.

I save every plastic grocery bag that I get as they come in so handy when you  have pets in the house.  Usually I save the bags by stuffing them into empty tissue containers.  However, when I had an empty Clorox/Lysol Wipes container I remembered seeing this on Love Pomegranate House’s blog and gave it a try.  What a clever idea.  Check it out!

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I love how Fran put that piece of ribbon across that bottom seam. Cool!

I realized I can't go to FNSI next week, because we have a celebration at work. Two people in my dept. are getting awards that day, and we have a party that night. So, I think I can go to the class! I'll call today and get signed up.

Great idea about the bags. We keep ours in a garbage bag box that has an opening for pulling them out.

Allie said...

Gorgeous projects! Love that Butter Mold quilt. Wow. I keep a few plastic bags, but mostly use my fabric bags - we shop at Aldi and they don't have bags unless you buy them.

Barb said...

Wonderful inspiration to start the day with...thanks!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Caroll. WOW, what fantastic quilts you have to share with us this time. OH, how I love anything wool Fran's stitching on her wool quilt is glorious and creative. Barb's Snowgirl quilt made you smile, I am no where near ready for Winter thought. LOL Sherry's BOM wool applique block is very lovely as is Maggie Bulter's mold quilt. Great stitching ladies. Hugs Judy

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Lynn said...

Love those snowmen! Is she embroidering them or were they printed on the fabric?

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo