Monday, July 30, 2012

MODERN MONDAY QUILT ALONG

This is block #43 of the Modern Monday Quilt Along.  This block is called Chevron.  It is one-fourth of the log cabin block, and, of course, it is wonky.  Apparently I cut my logs too narrow as I had to add another row of logs to get the block up to size.  Still, I like it.  You will notice that I'm not using flowery fabrics any more.  I'm so excited because my 16-year-old grandson asked me to make him a quilt.  When he asked for something in orange, I thought of this modern quilt.  When I showed him the blocks I've made so far, he said he liked them.  However, I did promise not to use any more flowery fabric.  Now, I can't wait to get this quilt completed.

I hear Lynn has her blog up and running again, so hop over to Alamosa Quilter and see Lynn’s block for this week.  Then visit Jennifer for the pattern for this week. 

Paulette of Sweet P Quilting had several links recently and I wanted to share that post with you.  Her links will take you to Lynette Anderson’s free patterns as well as Rustic Threads and another place that has a pocket quilt.  Check it out!

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Allie said...

I like this one a lot Caroll. How many more blocks do you need to make? This is going to be an awesome quilt!

Mama Pea said...

I love this block! It's really awesome! And how cool you'll get to use it for your grandson! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I really like that block. I think it's my favorite.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo