Monday, April 2, 2012

MODERN MONDAY BLOCK QUILT ALONG & ANNOUNCEMENT

My Modern Monday Block #27.  I don’t know if Lynn is doing this block today, but you might click on over and see what she is up to.  Then stop by Jennifer’s blog  and get the pattern for this week.

I have an announcement to make.  Barb of Bejeweled Quilts and I are going to have a free biweekly block (BWB) for you starting in May.  This is going to be something you will want to make for the Christmas holidays.  Barb is making her quilt in a light blue background.  She said you will also need various scraps in browns and a few other colors.  Check out her blog post telling about it here.

I did mine as a wall hanging and made it up in Redwork with red Christmas sashings.  Above is a little teasing peek.  Barb is working on a button for us so keep an eye open for that.

This past Saturday, Stephanie (Peas In A Pod) and I attended classes at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.   I’ll post pictures tomorrow about this fun event.  Check back tomorrow to see if Buffie made a paper piecer out of me. 

Sew Sweetness has a great tutorial for a Cathedral Window Pouch.  I’d like to make one of these.
 ♥
Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I did make a block, just not the one Jenifer suggested.

Your BWB looks really interesting! And I look forward to your pictures from Saturday's classes.

Mama Pea said...

I can't wait to see your BWB! I'll try to join in if I can. you know how my life is, though. LOL. I'll try to get my post up about the bag tomorrow, too. I took photos today. Hope all is well!

Allie said...

Love your block - I'll be doing something like that tomorrow, heehee! I'm dying to see what you and Barb have been up to, what fun - and I'm looking forward to hearing about your class, so glad Stephanie got to go!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo