Friday, March 30, 2012

MORE FROM THE KNOTTY GIRLS

I have some more show and tell from the Knotty Girl’s meeting Wednesday night at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Phyllis was working on her Sue Spargo BOM.  JoAnn was working on her same block also.  I love this block and the decorative stitching.  Phyllis said the Bullion Loop is around the outside of the flower and the center is the Bullion Knot.  I was going to take a picture of her making this stitch, but got so engrossed in what she was doing I forgot to take a picture.  Phyllis said that each month they get the kit for the same flower design but they are making different stitches on the flower.  On block two she made the Drizzle Stitch. She said that next month she will make a the Woven Picot Stitch around the outside edge of the flower.  She showed me the wonderful instructions that came with the kit which is called Earth N Twig pattern.
Judi showed us her Rose of Sharon block.  This is a BOM pick-up.  It is made of batiks.  Colleen made the sample that I posted about here
This is a close up of the embellished sewing Judi is doing on her blocks.  I love the delicate leaf veins.
Colleen made this darling quilt for her son and will give it to him for graduation.  Check out the guitar fabric!  What boy wouldn't love it.  Colleen still has to quilt it and promises to show it to us when it is finished. 

Sew Fantastic
has a tutorial for a Scrappy Color Block Mug Rug.

Stay calm! Stay kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love that Sue Spargo block. One of these years I am going to sign up for her BOM.

Allie said...

Those blocks are just gorgeous! And I love Colleen's quilt, that guitar fabric is awesome. I need to find some like that for my son!

Mama Pea said...

I love that Sue Spargo block. I sure wish I could afford to do her BOM stuff!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo