Thursday, February 2, 2012

GREAT WAY TO USE YOUR SCRAPS!


 
I may have been missing the last couple of days, but I haven’t been just sitting around.  I have been working extra hours lately so haven’t gotten in as much sewing or blogging time as I would like, but I did get a chance to make a couple more scrappy blocks that I blogged about here where you'll also find a link to the tutorial on A Little Bit Biased.  Anyway, I put the blocks together and made this table topper.  I love the scrappy look and making something from "nothing."  Well, I call it nothing because I was planning on doing "nothing" with those scraps.   Now to get it sandwiched and quilted. 

Quilt Story is participating in the Simply Charmed Blog Hop.  This link will take you to a tutorial for making valentines and suggested ways to use them in your house.  Scroll down on the blog and see all the other bloggers participating and the days they will be featured.
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

8 comments:

Terry said...

I love your table topper! Now I really need to get to work making some of those blocks myself! :0)

Lynn said...

This is so cute! It would make such a cute charity quilt, especially since it is "something from nothing."

Mama Pea said...

Caroll, this is so wonderful! It's scrappy and gorgeous. You better watch it....you might just become a piecer! I really like it!

Allie said...

GORGEOUS!!! You make me want to get out my scraps!!!!!

Karen said...

Very pretty. Great way to use your scrapes.

Sue Daurio said...

Love your table topper, you can't help but smile when you look at something like that so pretty and bright and cheery!

Michelle said...

Such a cheerful table topper! Looking at it makes me happy. :-) What size is it?

Sarah Craig said...

What an awesome block/table topper! I love it!! Whoop whoop!!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo