Sunday, November 27, 2011

SMALL PROJECTS FOR CHRISTMAS


 
Ladies, start your sewing machines and let the fun begin!  It’s that time of year when most of us go crazy, turn our sewing room into chaos, and start making Christmas gifts.  The other day I got an e-mail from Becky Goldsmith of Piece O’Cake Designs showing her Christmas Cuteness Downloadable ePatterns.  I loved them.  I love to make small wallhangings and these are so darn cute I couldn’t resist.
I made the above for a co-worker.

I made this blue bird of happiness for a friend who just had some bad news so I hope it will cheer her up.  Check out these patterns and others at Piece O’Cake Designs and get started on those gifts now.

Of course you could also make some darling gifts when you attend one of the many classes at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  For instance, I’m going to make several of the above table toppers during class on Dec. 9th.  I blogged about the class here.  Call the shop to register and get your supply list. 
 
A Creative Dreamer has another darling ornament.   I love these ornaments and hope to make them all. 
 
Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

8 comments:

Barb said...

These designs are just awesome!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Too too too cute for words! Especially love the little one with the cat. Absolutely darling...all of them!!!

Allie said...

I saw those and just fell in love with them - yours turned out perfectly, they are DARLING! Excellent gifts, Caroll!

Nancy Page said...

Piece O Cake has the best and most whimsical designs. Love yours, they look like so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

Linda said...

Really cute projects! Perfect gifts!

Sandra :) said...

I love your little wallhangings - the fabrics are so rich and pretty! Christmas kitty looks ready to climb the tree to grab the star, lol!

Mama Pea said...

Those are so cute, Caroll! I wish I could whip them out like you do! You are amazing! I love the birdie. The cat one is so YOU!

Unknown said...

Hi, I live in the UK and so I'm not able to attend the workshops. I love the little table topper and tried to email JD Schumway using the link on her website but I keep getting it returned saying that the domain site does not exist. Anyone know if she has put a pattern out for it yet?

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo