Sunday, February 20, 2011

MAKE UP A NEW PATTERN TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY


I love going into the Attic Window Quilt Shop, not only to see all the new fabrics, books, patterns, and class samples, but sometimes Chris says to me, ”How would you like to make up this pattern?” That sometimes happens when she’s been going through her things at home or when she sees a new pattern that just came into the shop and she thinks I might like it. “It looks like you,” she says. It’s usually appliqué, of course, because she knows that is so me. Recently she handed me the pattern Strictly Sunshine and suggested I make a block or two just to demonstrate how I do freezer paper appliqué. I was so excited I hurried home and made the above table runner. Isn’t it darling? I used the fabrics Happy from In The Beginning. You can find them at the shop.  This simple block can easily be adapted for a pillow, throw, twin or full size quilt.  I love the bright, happy colors. It was just the thing I needed to cheer me up during these dark winter days.  Thank you Chris!

Quilt Patterns From Seattle has a Jelly Roll Posies pattern that is adorable and a great way to use up those scraps.

Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I just posted a long comment and realized too late that I navigated away before entering the secret code! Dang! Lost it all! So, I'll try again!

I LOVE this, Caroll! I love how you did the polka dot fabric for the star points so they sort of fade away into the woodwork. I also LOVE the fabrics you chose for the flowers. They just shine. It is so cute!

How does that work? Does Chris give you the pattern, you make it up with your own fabrics, and then she hangs it in the store for a while? Can I be Chris' friend, too?! haha!

Are you going to do a class in the freezer paper applique, too? I know how to do it but could use a refresher. It would be fun to do it with you!

Shelley said...

Thank you for the link to the Quilt Patterns from Seattle!1 This table top you made up is adorable! I could see the flower on a pillow or potholder etc. I love the fabric you chose, also!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo