Sunday, October 3, 2010

PURSES AND TWILLING

I stopped in at the Attic Window Quilt Shop last week and cornered a few people for pictures. Above is Lee Ann’s new purse. The pattern is Bahamas Blues by Thankfully Sew. It has lots of room and a nice zippered pocket inside. Lee Ann has two purse classes this week: Weekender Tote on Wednesday from 10-4 and Taylor’s Trio Bag on Saturday from 10-4. Lee Ann said that if you prefer to make any other purse that she has as a sample in the shop, instead of these two mentioned, you can do that on Wednesday or Saturday. Just call the shop ahead of time and leave word of your pattern choice so she’ll be sure to have the necessary items on hand for teaching.

Sue Sedine was also at the shop and graciously let me take this picture of her latest twilling project. She said she’s going to finish it as a throw. There are so many things you can do with twilling. If you haven’t taken a class, you’ll want to learn this interesting technique and perhaps make a lovely throw or wallhanging like this.

I love this Biscuit purse. I noticed it sitting on the floor beneath the table. It obviously belonged to a student in Barb’s twilling class. Carol Penrod said it belonged to her. Carol lives in Florida but comes to the Grand Rapids area every summer and tries to get in a class or two at the shop. She said this Biscuit purse is her own idea. She said that the front of each biscuit is 4” square and the back is 3” square. Isn’t it darling!

I can’t believe I haven’t shown this to you. I checked in my previous posts and can’t find it so I guess I didn’t. I’m so sorry. Allie Ooops Sweet Happy Life has the cutest birdcage stitchery. Check it out.

Stay Positive!

Until next time,
Caroll

5 comments:

Barb said...

lovely bags....

Lurline said...

Lots of pretties!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Allie said...

I really love that top purse - I used to be very much into bag-making, I haven't done one since Rae's Buttercup Bag. Last year? I think so.
The Biscuit Bag is darling too - very interesting! Love the look of the twilling too.

Thanks for the shout-out, sweetie! You're too funny - I thought I was the only one who couldn't remember things, lol!

Stephanie in Michigan said...

That twilling looks really interesting. I may need to learn more about that. (Google is giving me grief today, so I'm not signed in through that.)

Nancy Page said...

Love the top bag. The second bag looks great but I not one for that technique. Love the twilling. It will make a great throw. That is something I will have to check out. Thank you for sharing and for the link.

Have a super great day.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo