Friday, June 18, 2010

SHOW AND TELL AT THE ATTIC WINDOW

I have a couple other pictures to show you from my trip to the Attic Window Quilt Shop last Tuesday. I had to take a picture of this quilt that Virginia is making. She made this Grandmother’s Flower Garden completely by hand and now is hand quilting it. She has been working on it for about two years. Isn’t it beautiful!

I can’t get over this pieced work by Mary Holt (Maggie’s mother). It is awesome. Each 16 patch square is made up of 1 ½ inch blocks. The pinwheel blocks are 4 ½ inches square. Notice how expertly each piece is put together. All the seams match, all the points are pointy. I am in awe of such wonderful work.

I recently did an interview with Blog Interviewer. It’s about how this blog got started. If you are interested, check it out.

I’ve also been asked to be a contributor to Pins & Needles and today I posted about a new book at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. It’s by a Michigan author. Check it out.

In fact, when I was on the new blog Pins & Needles, I saw this free stitchery pattern that you might like. Take a look here.


Until next time,
Caroll

7 comments:

Barb said...

Truly love those quilts.

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I just love that Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt! I really would like to make one some day. I think it would be a great hand project to have around.

Unknown said...

Wow look at all of those wonderful quilts. A lot of time and love put into those ;) Thank you for sharing them with us ;)
M

Yvette said...

Those quilts are both incredible.

Nancy Page said...

More wonderful quilters and their quilts. The Mother's Flower Garden is amazing. The 16 patch and pinwheels is wonderful. Love them both. Loved your links as well.

Have a great day.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh wow. Love them both. Inspiring really.

Millie said...

Beautiful quilts...great eye candy.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo