Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MORE INSPIRATION FROM GERRY

At the Tuesday Bee at the Attic Window Quilt Shop Gerry shared a couple more quilts that were made entirely from her scrap bag. I love the black centers on the quilt above. Really ties everything together. Isn't it amazing what she does with scraps!

Gerry said that she belongs to a group that was involved in a large quilting project. She said that the above quilt was made entirely of leftovers from that project. I love how she has used this fabric. You can’t see it in the picture but she added a wide border and appliquéd squares in the corners. Very pretty.

I’ve been so inspired by Gerry that I used strips from my scrap bag today to make these squares. I’m going to sash them in the blue. It will be donated to the Quilt for Wheels group at the Attic Window. That will be a start on my New Year's Resolutions!

Angie’s Bits & Pieces has a Simple-Thymes BOM starting this week. Check it out. It’s really cute.

Until next time,
Caroll

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Gerry truly is inspiring! She has a really good eye for color too. Thanks for sharing Gerry's creations.

Shelley said...

Carol, I love your blog.My first time here and you caught my attention with the redwork stitchery. I LOVE RED! Shelley from Red Quilts

Shelley said...

Forgot to say I became a follower and added you to my blog friends.

Nancy Page said...

Gerry is so very creative and ingenious with her scrap quilts. They are gorgeous and perfect. Good Work, Gerry.
Your blocks look really good especially on the blue fabric. One question -- when you pressed all of your scraps, did you use any spray sizing or starch or any of the new product called Perfect Press?? Just Curious since I am now pressing my scraps for 3 different patriotic scrap quilts that I want to make.
Have a great day and stay warm and safe in this bitter cold in the Midwest.

Martina said...

Dear Carol
so cute that you left a comment on my blog. Thanks so much! I love all those quilts on your blog. They look really great. And you have a lovely free pattern. Thanks for sharing!
Take care, Martina

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo